Monday July 25

4:31 p.m. – Police cited a Warwick man, 55, for using the wrong number plates. He was arrested on Frenchtown Road after police noticed he had an illegal frame around the rear license plate; police carried out street checks and discovered that the license plate belonged to another vehicle. The man told police he bought the car three weeks ago. The police had the car towed away and seized the plates.

5:48 p.m. – A woman from East Greenwich told police she was on her computer when the screen suddenly went black. A phone number appeared on the screen to fix it. She called the number and spoke with a man who said his computer had been hacked and told him to show a canceled check to the camera connected to the computer. She did, and then the man asked for her email address. The man on the other end of the line said he wanted $399 to fix the problem. The police told the woman to detach the camera from the computer. The woman checked her bank account and no money was withdrawn.

tuesday july 26

6:49 – Police arrested a Providence man, 20, for driving with a suspended license after he hit a jersey barrier on Division Street, turned onto Sanctuary Drive and left the car there because she could no longer drive. The police had found the car abandoned in the early morning. Then police received a call from the Providence man saying his car was missing and possibly stolen and he was at his girlfriend’s Post Road flat. The girlfriend said he hadn’t been with her the night before, so the police spoke with the Providence man again. This time he admitted to hitting a jersey barrier on Division Street and leaving his car on Sanctuary Drive after it became undriveable. The car was unregistered and bore his mother’s plates. In addition to suspended license fees, he received a ticket for driving an unregistered car and misusing plates.

7:36 – The animal control officer picked up a kitten found at Division Street and Howland Road with injuries to its hind legs. She took the kitten to NK Animal Hospital and they discovered that one of the legs was broken and there was possible head trauma. The kitten remained at NKAH overnight while the ACO worked to determine its future care.

Wednesday July 27

00:08 – Police arrested a Warwick man, 22, on a warrant after his girlfriend flagged down Main Street police, saying the man was talking to two other women in Low Key and he had a warrant for his arrest. The Warwick man acknowledged the warrant but said the woman was not his girlfriend. He was taken into custody, processed at the station and held until a justice of the peace set $300 bond. The man posted bail and was released.

7:57 – A Lewis Farm Road resident told police someone had broken into his car overnight, but he was unsure if anything had been taken.

10:13 a.m. – A Marylou’s Coffee employee at Seasons Marketplace on South County Trail told police a dog bit her wrist as she handed an order to a driver who was there at the counter. The dog was in the car and stuck its head out and bit her, she said. The ACO arrived and checked the dog’s rabies vaccination status with the owner. The worker said she would treat herself for the bite.

11:45 p.m. – Police told occupants of two cars in Scalloptown Park they weren’t allowed in after dark.

Thursday July 28

8:30 am – Police cited a Warwick man, 61, for driving with a suspended registration after being pulled over for speeding (40 mph in a 25 mph zone) heading east on First Avenue. The officer gave him a ticket for checking in and gave him a speeding warning.

8:46 – Police returned firearms to a Florida man that were confiscated in 2007 after an arrest. The incident report was no longer available; the man showed the police that the case had been erased.

2:14 p.m. – A Providence man told police of an incident of harassment that happened when he went to Water Street Kitchen for dinner with his girlfriend on Monday night. He said a friend of his ex-girlfriend sat down at his table uninvited and started shouting bad words at him and talking badly about him. He and his date paid their bill, got up and walked out; the woman followed and shouted, “I’ll get you!” The man said he just wanted to document the incident.

friday july 29

9:01 – A Main Street resident said police garbage trucks were picking up trash as early as 5 a.m., even though the city ordinance says garbage collection can’t start until 7 p.m. Police contacted both companies and alerted them to the order.

12:42 p.m. – Police investigated items taken from an unlocked car on Campbell Circle.

1:06 p.m. – A baby skunk was seen chasing a dog in a yard on Virginia Avenue. Apparently the skunk had separated from its mother and was trying to find a replacement. After liberally spraying the dog and the area, the skunk left.

10:38 p.m. – An East Greenwich woman told police a Boston woman violated a no contact order by contacting her via What’s App. The report was forwarded to detectives for review.

Saturday July 30

3:21 – Police arrested a North Kingstown man, 24, for driving with a suspended license after he was pulled over on Frenchtown Road for erratic driving. Routine checks revealed the license suspension. He said he didn’t know his license was suspended. He received a summons to the district court as well as a ticket for not having worried about a start at the stop. Police had the car towed to the man’s parents’ home; his parents took him home.

7:55 – A Canonchet Trail resident told police his car was broken into overnight. The case, and other car wrecks reported this week, are still under investigation according to the police log.

9:14 a.m. – Police carried out a wellness check on a 76-year-old East Greenwich resident after neighbors noticed she had not collected her mail for two days. The police discovered that she had fallen. She was conscious but they called EGFD for a rescue and she was taken to Kent Hospital.

1:42 p.m. – An EG man told police his 7-year-old daughter was angry and he couldn’t find her. She was found safe, hidden in a closet; a policeman spoke to him.

4:07 p.m. – Police cited a Rhode Island man, 66, for driving an unregistered vehicle after another man called police to say he had been followed by the RI man for the past 15 minutes. Police found the RI man driving on Main Street and learned that his Jeep Wrangler was not registered. He said he followed the other car and ran over that driver after that other driver allegedly cut off the RI man. During an inventory search of the vehicle, police found an open beer bottle on the passenger side floor. The man said he was old, but police noticed he was cold. He was cited for lack of registration and driving with an open can of alcohol; the police had his car towed away.

5:38 p.m. – A caller told police his car had been broken into in the parking lot of the Greenwich Club.

6:04 p.m. – A resident of Grand View Drive told police that the overflow car situation at the Providence Oyster Bar made Grand View impassable. Police checked and found no violations.

Sunday July 31

00:04 – A man told police he was punched in the face by another man at Blu on the Water after they argued about using the wrong bathroom. The man, who had a cut on his lip and a swollen cheek, described the other man but police could not find him. Police called EGFD and an EMT treated the man, who said he did not want to press charges.

00:40 – A resident of Mawney Street told police there was a bat in his house. The bat has been removed.

1h33 – Police cited a Warwick man, 48, for driving without registration after police stopped him on Division Street because they couldn’t see any number plates. The man said he bought the car earlier in July. He was cited for the lack of registration and the police had the car (and the man) towed to his home in Warwick.

1h48 – A man told police he witnessed what was possibly an incident of domestic violence on King Street. Police spoke with the man involved, who said his girlfriend got jealous while they were at a bar and wanted to leave. However, the woman had had several drinks, so the man used force to stop her driving and bring her to his apartment. The woman corroborated his report, saying he was trying to stop her from driving. The police decided that no charges would be filed.

6:43 am – A caller told police about a white horse standing on the side of Shippeetown Road. The horse was brought home nearby.

4:09 p.m. – The manager of Dunkin Donuts on Main Street told police a man drove up, got out of his truck, pulled out his penis and smiled as he looked at her. She yelled at him and he went to the other side of his truck and urinated. When he was done, she asked him why he hadn’t just come in. He said, “Sorry, I had to go” and left. Police used CCTV cameras to obtain the truck’s license plate number, tracing it back to a Tiverton man. The phone number has been disconnected.


Reminder to residents to drive carefully during Back-to-School Safety Month


Summit County COVID-19 cases flat. Planned drive-thru vaccination clinic

Check Also