Munich, Germany, and San Jose, Calif. – June 15, 2022 – Infineon Technologies AG (FSE: IFX / OTCQX: IFNNY) today announced plans to showcase smart sensing applications that make life easier, safer and greener at Sensors converge 2022. The company will present solutions based on the Range of XENSIVâ¢ sensors that highlight Infineon’s deep systems understanding and partnerships serving the consumer and industrial markets.
Additionally, two Infineon products were named finalists for the event’s 2022 Best of Sensors Awards, presented by Sensors Converge and Fierce Electronics of Questex. The first, the XENSIV BGT60TR13, is a 60 GHz radar sensor for advanced detection. The second is Infineon BattOpSAS, a battery-powered intelligent alarm system. The winners will be announced on June 28, 2022.
Leveraging the broadest portfolio of traditional and cutting-edge sensor technologies on the market today, the Infineon booth (#418) at Sensors Converge will showcase more than a dozen solutions for smart living in residential buildings and commercial, as well as industrial and automotive buildings. apps. The scope of technologies in demonstrations and static displays will range from magnetic, current, radar, capacitive touch and pressure sensors, to environmental and acoustic sensors based on MEMS technologies, and 3D image and presence detection sensors using time-of-flight (ToF) IR imaging and advanced ultra-low-power radar.
The Infineon booth will be organized around application and product groups in the following categories:
- Smart Life: Smart home application demonstrations will show how Infineon sensors are making consumers’ lives more convenient and energy efficient. Integrated sensors, controllers and actuators enable secure real-time data collection, interpretation and processing, then trigger the appropriate action or response. Demonstrations will include a smart air conditioning unit, smart home security solution, occupancy sensing and CO 2 sensors used to monitor carbon dioxide levels in the living room.
- “Vision-based” applications: that you use REAL3â¢ Flight Time 3D image sensors or XENSIV 60 GHz Radar ICs, Infineon brings the power of sight to smart devices and will showcase solutions that include Infineon PSoCâ¢ Low-Power Microcontrollerswireless connectivity ICs and critical power components.
- To touch- detection solutions: Infineon will present its cutting-edge, easy-to-use solutions, CAPSENSEâ¢ capacitive touch solution. The touchscreen solution will highlight its liquid tolerance, seamless operation in wet conditions, and ability to operate when a user has a thick glove on their hand.
In addition to the exhibit hall, not-to-be-missed Infineon conference highlights include the following sessions:
- Tuesday, June 28, 2022
- Workshop: Cyber ââResilience for the IoT â Rebounding from Attack presented by the Trusted Computing Group with Steve Hanna, Distinguished Engineer, Connected Secure Systems Division
- Announcement of the winners of the âBuild AI for the IoTâ design competition, on the main stage.
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022
- Main Panel: Ripple Effect – Unlocking New Applications and Innovations for RADAR through Industry Standardization with Raj Khattoi, Senior Director of Sensor Systems and IoT, Power and Sensor Systems Division
- Conference session: The ‘Matter’ standard – Raising the bar for smart home presented by Steve Hanna, Distinguished Engineer, Connected Secure Systems Division
- Lecture Session: Combining Different Sensors to Support HVAC Predictive Maintenance presented by Steve Robbins, Senior Field Applications Engineer, Radar, Sensors and RF, Power Systems and Sensors Division.
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022 â Co-location: Conference on embedded technologies
- Panel: AI and Machine Learning at the Edge; Market Dynamics and Application with David Jones, IoT & Sensor Solutions Group Leader, Power & Sensor Systems Division.
More information on Infineon’s sensor portfolio and Sensors Converge 2022 business can be found at www.infineon.com/sensors-converge.