Lots of people in the Killeen area are hitting the road this holiday season, and if you’re planning on traveling or looking to avoid road construction when traveling around town, the Town of Killeen has released a list. of area road closures you may need to be aware of.
So whether you have travel plans or are just looking to avoid road construction areas, here is where the Engineering Division of the Department of Public Works is working on installing a 20-inch natural gas line. inches.
Here are the closings planned for the next two weeks:
– Dickens Drive, from Westcliff Drive to Winchester Drive, Monday November 22 and Tuesday November 23, including overnight.
– Hidden Hill Drive, from Schwertner Drive to Whitmire Drive, Monday November 22 and Tuesday November 23, including overnight.
– Acron Drive, from Prairie Drive to Mountain View Drive, Monday, November 22 to Wednesday, November 24, including overnight.
– Shoemaker Drive, from Willowbend Drive to Sherman Drive, Monday November 22 to Wednesday November 24, including overnight.
– Lazy Ridge Drive, from Westcliff Road to Whitmire Drive, Monday November 22 through Wednesday November 24, including overnight.
– Dickens Drive, Westcliff Drive to Winchester Drive, Saturday November 27, Monday November 29 and Tuesday November 30 – nights included.
– Sherman Drive, from Willowbend Drive to Shoemaker Drive, Saturday November 27, Monday November 29 and Tuesday November 30 – nights included.
– Jerome Drive, Westcliff Road to Ridglea Court, Saturday November 27, Monday November 29 and Tuesday November 30 – overnight stays included.
– Marlin Drive, from Remington Drive to Winchester Drive, Monday, November 29 to Wednesday, December 1, including overnight.
The roads will only be open to local traffic and all work will be done weather permitting.
Please pay particular attention to the traffic control devices that will be in place to guide vehicles around work areas and closures. Also be sure to use extra caution in road construction areas and obey traffic control devices.
Toys For Troops returns to make Christmas in Central Texas a merry one
Operation Phantom Support and these great sponsors are once again collecting toys to help central Texas military families and first responders in need have a happy vacation.
If you’d like to help the magic of Christmas, please donate a new toy or unwrapped gift to one of these great central Texas drop-off locations.
The 20 best restaurants downtown Texans want to come to Temple
This was before a Dutch Bros. location was announced. Coffee would open there (which was one of the places I predicted as a candidate in our article).
So now Dutch Bros. is open at this location, but my survey responses were interesting because they paint a picture of the diversity of Temple’s population. People recommended familiar restaurants with nearby locations, but also a few that I had never even heard of.
Here are the first 20 results of the survey. Let’s see what the good people of Temple desire!
Why Texas Shouldn’t Be Worried About Tennessee Getting the World’s Biggest Buc-ee
The world’s largest Buc-ee is about to be built!
… in Tennessee. Yes, the Volunteer State is about to house a Texas icon that’s bigger and better than any Buc-ee here at home, and while that might rub you the wrong way, here are a few reasons: that we might have reason to celebrate.